On-going Springboard research into the influences around career choice shows that work experience is the biggest influence on career decisions.
Work experience helps with the exploration of career opportunities and it is an important tool in helping change stereotypes of working within hospitality by showcasing the opportunities and progression that are available within the sector.
The Importance of Work Experience
- Builds and develops new and existing skills for you and the student
- Challenges industry stereotypes
- Influences career decisions/choices
- Provides an opportunity to widen the talent pool
- Enhances the students employability
- Provides a realistic perspective of your business and the sector
- Inspiring work based learning
- Allows your organisation to review best practice and make better decisions
- Builds innovation within the organisation
- Raises the industry profile
INSPIRE is Springboard's accredited quality standard for work experience delivered by hotels, FSM, restaurants and private members clubs. It aims to inspire young, disadvantaged and the long term unemployed into careers within hospitality and raises the industry profile by showcasing the benefits of working within the industry through the means of quality work experience.